* Jesus heals a leper.
* Jesus is moved with compassion.
* Jesus touches the leper.
* Jesus is willing to heal.
* Jesus' touch is powerful to heal.
* Jesus sternly warns the man to say nothing to anyone.
* Jesus directs him to follow Moses regarding cleansing.
* Jesus could no longer publicly enter a city.
* Jesus attracted people from "every where."
And a leper came to Jesus, beseeching him and falling
on his knees, and saying, "If you are willing you
can make me clean." Moved with compassion,
Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him,
and said to him, " I am willing; be cleansed."
Immediately the leprosy left him
and he was cleansed.
* Came to Jesus
* Moved with compassion
* Stretched out his hand
* Falling on his knees
* Touched him
* Said, “If you are willing you can make me clean”
* Said, “I am willing be cleansed.”
* Consider the physicality of it all--actions with the body.
* Leper is in a desperate condition and brings a desperate faith.
* All he brings is his needy condition and faith in Jesus!
But he went out and began to proclaim
it freely and to spread the news...
* He comes in faith with his needy condition.
* He is healed.
* He goes away proclaiming Jesus' power.
** Isn't it (or shouldn't it) be the same for us?!