* Jesus heals Peter's mother-in-law.
* Jesus heals many and casts out many demons.
* Jesus goes off to a secluded place to pray.
* Jesus goes into other cities to replicate the teaching and healing.
When evening came, after the sun had set, they began
bringing to him all who were ill and those who were
demon-possessed. And the whole city had gathered
at the door. And he healed many who were ill with
various diseases, and cast out many demons;
and he was not permitting the demons to speak
because they knew who he was.
* It is dark ("after the sun had set") and a group gathers at the door. What a group! Not the dignitaries of the town but all the sick and demon afflicted people. People without hope and Jesus acts. He brings wholeness and health. Power is used to help the helpless.
* I saw an older man in the library walking hunched over and he an odor to him--a stale, sick smell. I imagine that this crowd had the smell of sickness on it. And yet Jesus ministers in this--"for that is what I came for." (v. 38)
* Jesus is strong to heal and cast out demons. He is in control--"not permitting the demons to speak